Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Welcome!

Now that my toes are wet into my first full year of teaching, and I'm finally jumping in and starting a blog!

With so many Art Education blogs out on the world wide web that I use for inspiration in my classrooms, I thought I would join forces to show the work that I do with students and my many adventures as an Art Educator.

For a little background...
I am currently teaching in the Stevens Point Area Public School District in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. I got hired as part time for one school in July and one week before school started (with a massive schedule change for the entire district) I moved to full time at THREE schools. We run a six day rotation...I'm at McDill Elementary for two and a half days, Jefferson Elementary for two days, and Kennedy Elementary for one and half days in Junction City. It is a very busy schedule of 41 sections and almost no prep time. At last minute I received a full time assistant (our district calls them EAs, or Educational Assistants). She helps with classroom management, prep work, and helping kids play catch up! She has been my hero!


No comments:

Post a Comment