Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

End of the Year Collaboration with Kindergarten through 2nd Grade

With school starting Tuesday it is only fitting that I finally caught up on blogging!


I found this pin on pinterest from Drip, Drip, Splatter Splash and basically did it the same way. I used it as a fun last day of art project for my Kindergarteners and 1st graders. The 2nd graders finished them up after our games. A few days ahead of time I laid out the sheets of tag board across all of my tables and used good acrylic paint and a big brush to create the lines. My twist for this project, different from the original, was that I made all the lines connect. It is really important to label the backs if you do this!

Before they got to work we talked about how the pages connected and how these weren't going to belong to any individual but the school. Some were not pleased with that idea but eventually when they saw the finished piece they were happy! My only rules were no scribbling and they needed to be colored and painted.

They were totally engaged and loved the freedom. It was so fun for me to sit back and relax and watch them create art so joyously and care-free!

In process pictures....


Finished sections close up..



TADA!
(They stayed up all summer!)

I love collaborative art!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment