Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Classroom Picture Bandwagon!

So many of you were sharing great classrooms I had to share my own!

School #1, I'm only here two days but I love this space! Unfortunately, I can't leave anything out or unlocked because Boys and Girls Club uses it after school everyday from about 3:30 to 6:30 or later. I can't ever stay after school either because of this and also have zero prep when I'm there which makes things REALLY difficult.  I cover all the exposed bookshelves and drying racks and lock my rolling shelves and cabinets when I leave....

View from the door...small office in the back corner that I use as extra secure storage...

From the back of the room...

From the rolling shelves...that side of the room has counters, cabinets, and grown up sinks with step ladders that pull down under them in the cabinets...

Close up of my front wall...

Another close up of my front wall with my desk...

Our "free art" section, some fun stuff in those yellow cabinets!
 School #2, Love this space too but really wish I had an area to store 3D and a rug to sit with my little kiddos. I'm here 4 out of 6 days so I'm much more comfortable leaving things out even though it is a public space to use after school for boy scouts, girl scouts, etc....

Display case right outside my door...

View from the door...that back door leads into a courtyard, how lucky am I ?!

View from the cabinets...reallllly short sinks on that side of the room, no "grown up" sink in the room...

View from the back...

View from the sinks...

View from the front....


Still waiting on my order that includes a world map for each room as a new bulletin board. I'll be tacking where our artists are from that inspire our projects...

Is your classroom used as a public space after school? Sometimes during? I also think about how regular classroom teachers don't have to experience their room as a public space... It is one of the MOST frustrating things about my job. You teach so much about respect to students but things always seem to happen, even under parent/leader supervision....

No comments:

Post a Comment