Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Britto's Lady Liberty (Freedom) with 3rd Grade

I LOVE when I find amazing resources online to show my students about contemporary artists....and the internet is full of Romero Britto ones that were perfect for this project!


I knew I wanted to do a contemporary artist project with my 3rd graders and to work on my PPG (for those of you not in Educator Effectiveness land it's my Professional Practice Goal). My PPG is collaborating with classroom teachers, so I talked with the 3rd grade team and  I found out they were doing USA Government. After a little pinteresting I stumbled upon this Pin of Britto's "Freedom" artwork in his shop on his website....and I had a project!
Britto's Freedom
I Can Statement: I can draw and color a Statue of Liberty inspired by Romero Britto.

Day 1: Britto introduction...a little background information and then some GREAT youtube videos that all were embedded and flowed with my google presentation....

This first one is a clip from the Super Bowl halftime show featuring his work...


Then the Piece De Resistance! An animated version of his artwork done by LG...


Lastly a great little clip talking about his specific artwork we were looking at...


When all was said and done they made awesome connections to their daily lives, learned more about Pop Art, and explored many Britto works of Art and we didn't even start creating yet!

With the time left they practiced coloring different "Britto patterns/designs" on coloring sheets that I had broken up into different sections.

Day 2: Quick review of Britto and then another AWESOME animation by LG of Britto's work.


Finally time for Lady Liberty! Together we did a draw along however, I took pictures while I was drawing my example in the different steps and had this for students to look at in their spots if they wanted to do it independently. I also had it projected on the screen while I did a draw along on the board....

After we finished the draw along they started coloring, about 50/50 were done on this day so on the next work day that fell near Dr Suess, they created these Britto inspired Seuss hats! And I couldn't help but show them one more great video...


If I did this again I would probably have them work on a larger scale or with materials other than marker but I am pretty happy with the way it went..


2 comments:

  1. These are amazing resources! Thank you for sharing them. I'm a homeschooling mama looking for art resources to use on Inauguration Day. A brief artist study and art project to round out the day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get money back from Scammers? Reach out Recovery Masters.

    I must give special thanks to Recovery Masters, Specialized hackers in Cryptocurrency Recovery  and lost Bitcoin wallet tracing, My wife and I happened to be scammed by an online scammer who claimed to be professional and knowledgeable in the field investments. I and my wife had agreed to invest our savings pounds worth $623,400 in form of Crypto. This scammer persuaded us to invest in an online platform called Cryptos-seed.com.' 'I was persuaded to deposit the funds to platform that would generate us much profits on a daily basis. The profits generated significantly, but on asking on how my withdrawal of the funds ,the swindler provided multiple excuses and was asking me to invest more funds. On search on how to recover The lost funds I came through Recovery Masters who were able to recover a significant portion of the lost funds .Contact them through; Mail Recoverymasters@email.czWhatspp; 1(204){ 819}-{5505}

    ReplyDelete